Coaching is an on-going relationship between a qualified coach and an individual or team that supports the achievement of extraordinary results. Results are based on goals set by the individual or team. Through the process of coaching, individuals/teams focus on the skills and actions needed to successfully produce their personally (or team) relevant results.
- Assist in setting better goals and reaching those goals.
- Assisting clients in finding motivation to achieve more than they would on their own.
- Increase focus and move clients towards results.
- Provide the tools, support and structure to accomplish more.
- Provide encouragement and discover opportunities.
Consulting: Coaching is a form of consulting, but the coach stays with you to help implement new skills, changes and goals to make sure they happen.
Counselling: Coaching is not therapy. Coaches don’t work on “issues” or get into the past or deal with understanding human behaviour. Rather, they help move clients forward with focus on setting and achieving personal and professional goals.
Sports: Personal coaching includes several principles such as teamwork, achieving goals, and improving quality of life. But unlike sports coaching, most professional coaching is not competition or win/lose based. Coaches strengthen skills rather than focus on beating the other team. It’s a win/win focus!
Best friend: A best friend is wonderful to have. But is your best friend a professional who you can trust to advise you on the most important aspects of your life and/or business? A coach knows the right questions to ask. A coach provides meaningful distinctions and points clients in the direction of valuable resources. Coaches push you beyond your limits.
• Non-judgmental and confidential
• Provide you with support, encouragement and motivation
• Take control of your life
• Gain clarity and make more informed decisions
• Overcome self-defeating habits, limiting beliefs and negative sources
• Increase self-esteem and confidence
• Create more time; get organized
• Reduce stress
• Improve communication
• Improve health, fitness and energy
• Greater job satisfaction
• Improve work/home life balance
• Explore career choices or transitions
• Develop leadership skills
• Deal with challenging relationships
Coaching is becoming popular for several reasons:
Many people are tired of doing what they “should” do and are ready to do something special and meaningful in their life. The challenge is that many can’t see it, or can’t see a way to re-organize their life to get it done. A coach can help them do both.
People are realizing how simple it can be to accomplish something that several years ago might have felt out of reach or like a dream. A coach is not a miracle worker, but a coach does have a large tool kit to help big ideas become a reality.
The coach assists the client by helping them:
• Discover what they truly want
• Recognize their strengths, skills and assets
• Uncover the conscious thoughts and beliefs that may hold them back
• Explore new perspectives
• Gain clarity on values and life purpose
• Identify and end self defeating habits and patterns
• Clarify goals and create action plans to achieve them
• Learn from mistakes and failures
• Celebrate successes
The coach starts the relationship with a detailed intake session to get acquainted quickly, develop a connection, and set the intention and direction of the coaching relationships. Most meetings are done over the phone for the convenience of your busy life!